Wednesday, May 26, 2010

ASHLEY AMISS: "No Fishing"

Without question, our past greatly affects who we currently are and where we are trying to go on our natural and spiritual paths. I don’t know about you, but I know for a fact that if I had not made it through the struggles I have encountered in my 23 years of living that I would not be the woman I am today. The countless mistakes I’ve made in my life have all been learning experiences to me: the difference between love and hate, between friends and family, and between mediocre and extraordinary.Whether we used to be known as the Life of the Party (another tequila shot, anyone?), the Aimless Wanderer (just how many majors have you had since you’ve been in college?), or the Wild Child (alright! street racing time!) it’s never too late to change.

But change is not always so easily accepted by those who knew us when we were still trying to find our place in life.

Recently, a spiritual leader and new friend of mine said some of us need to get shirts with a big “NO FISHING” sign on the front to warn people that fishing for the old version of our new selves is pointless. After my burst of approving, yet very unlady-like laughter (hey, it was funny). I began to ponder even more on his statement. For those of you who may have moved away from home, how often do you find your family members bringing up the things you did when you were headed ‘on the road to nowhere’ without even attempting to mention how you finally got your “Productive Path GPS” working properly?

Some of us are still in the city in which we were raised, and have to deal with the occasional run-in with old acquaintances who refuse to accept that you are steadily growing into the man or woman God has intended for you to be. They find your longer skirts unappealing, can’t believe your blouse it buttoned almost all the way to the top and as soon as you walk away, they start sending mass text messages about how fake you have become.

TO READ THE REST OF THIS ARTICLE, VISIT: Southern Beauty Magazine

Miracles & Blessings,
Ashley Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment