Wednesday, May 26, 2010

ASHLEY AMISS: "To Be Real...Laugh"

NOTE: This is the first of a three-part series on ways to grow in beautiful in God’s eyes by learning to be real about your relationship with Him.)

I laughed out loud the other day.

Yep, I was standing near my kitchen table and let out a sharp, humorous roar in response to something funny on the TV (I think it was Suite Life on Deck or something like that). Now, this may not sound like such a big deal, but allow me to explain. A little over a month ago, I sat at that very table and let out a similar screech of emotion.

The difference: the sound was filled with despair.

After returning from an extremely exciting Bible study session, I found myself on a spiritual high and figured I’d call an old friend. He and I hadn’t been on the best of terms, but I wanted to share some of my new revelations about my relationship with God with him since he’d seemed so down lately. Unfortunately, I underestimated how much power someone else’s sorrow can have over my own emotional state.

TO READ THE REST OF THIS ARTICLE, VISIT: Southern Beauty Magazine.

Miracles & Blessings,
Ashley Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment