Thursday, March 18, 2010

ASHLEY AMISS - Exploring Shame

"...I absolutely love spending time with my niece. Even though she’s only eight years old, she may be the best friend I’ve ever had. Last weekend we had a much-needed “girls day”, which included dance class, lunch made by yours truly and an afternoon at the skating rink with some of the middle-school-age girls I’ve built relationships with through Code BLUE Youth Mentoring Program. While trying to ensure she didn’t fall and take me down with her (yea, that didn’t go over so well), I looked into those hopeful eyes of hers, took in her imagination-infused smile and suddenly remembered something I’ve heard her say more than once, “I want to be just like Ashley.”

And I instantly became frightened beyond belief..."

TO READ THE REST OF THIS POST, VISIT: Southern Beauty Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment